1 Inch Diameter Closed Cell Foam Backer Rod Gray Color In Crack
Backer rod comes in various sizes - 1/4", 7/8", 1 1/8", etc. You
should chose the size that is just a bit bigger than the expansion
joint or crack that you are trying to repair so that when the
backer rod is inserted into the joint or crack that it creates a
tight bond. You want it to fill the crack or joint so that when you
apply the joint sealant caulk that the caulk stays above the backer
rod and does not run under the backer rod and waste your caulk.
Backer rod is an essential part of the package of materials you
will need for expansion joint repair or expansion joint
|Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org|
Backer Rod is an ideal non-absorbent compressible backup material
inserted into a joint to control sealant depth, create a backstop
to allow proper sealant tooling, allows proper sealant of the joint
surfaces, yields a proper bond between the back-up material and the
sealant. It can also be used as a temporary joint seal.
Commonly used for glazing operations, window and door applications,
expansion joints, curtain wall joints, partitions, log construction
or pavement joints.
Backer Rod is an extruded round, closed cell, low density
polyethylene foam material with a skin-like outer texture. It is
highly flexible and compressible for easy installation.
This material is compatible with butyl, polysulfide, acrylic,
polyurethane, silicone and most other cold sealants.
- Round, firm, resilient, polyethylene extruded closed celled foam
with a water resistant outer skin.
- Provides controlled depth for sealants.
- Compresses up to 50% in smaller sizes and 30% in large sizes.
- Does not stick to sealants.
- Very high moisture resistance. Will not absorb ground water.
Tips And Tricks To Use Backer Rod:
1. Always use a backer rod sized just bigger than the crack or
joint you are trying to repair.
2. If the joint or crack is bigger than the backer rod size you
have, you can twist the backer rod together to make it bigger.
3. Use the back-end of a screwdriver or some blunt edge tool or
your fingers to push the backer rod into place.
4. Backer rod should be 1/2-inch deep from the surface.
1. OEM service is available.
2. Fast producing time.
3. Remaining the skill of making by hands.
4. Cheapest price for bubble bag and epe foam bag products.
5. Reply promptly in 24 hours.
6. Free sample available.
Q1:Are you a Manufacture Factory?
Yes.We are the direct Manufacture Factory, and our factory has
specialized in Packaging Material Industry since 2004.
Q2: Do you have stock products to sell?
No,We produce these packaging products accorded to the customer’s
requirement,It also means material, density, shape,
size,design,quantity will depend on what your need.OEM orders
always be welcomed.
Q3:What advantages do you have?
A:We are the direct Manufacturer and could offer you the most
B:We are the Factory, and we have the ability to carry out
production schedule for punctual delivery.
C:We could make any size according to your requirments.
D:We can provide free samples for quality evaluation.
Q4:If I want to get a Quotation, what information need be provided
Size, Color and Quantity.